Ka has yet again gotten the best of me, and tagged me for the Five Things About Me meme.
Before I plot my horrible atheistic scheme of revenge for such treachery, I must respond like a proper man of honor and present my five random facts about me. I especially liked Ka's 14 martial arts awards fact. I don't think I can live up to that level of random fact coolness! Nonetheless, here I go!
1) I have Asperger Syndrome. Despite my Aspie status (some would say because of it), I am quite preoccupied with socializing and mingling, and most of my real life friends don't know that I have an autism spectrum disorder.
2) According to others, I talk, walk, and generally do everything very fast and purposefully, which is funny because it feels like a perfectly normal pace to me. I constantly get comments about my high energy level, and was even misdiagnosed as a child with ADHD (this was pre-1994, before Asperger Syndrome was in the DSM).
3) My highest IQ test score ever was 146, and while in high school I scored a "perfect" 99 on the ASVAB (but I never joined the military).
4) While practically everyone knows that I am an atheist and a Market Anarchist, not so many people know that I am hopelessly obsessed with aerospace.
5) I am addicted to the dance floor, and consider the song "Common People" by Pulp to be a great descriptor of me and my life (although for reasons other than the financial ones that the song references; I'm not rich). These two seemingly unrelated facts came together in an exceptionally profound way when, not too long ago, I was in the middle of the dance floor at a Junkie XL show and a house remix of that same song was played. My eyes got rather watery, for never before has the bittersweet reality of being my quirky self been so obvious to me, and never before have I felt so lucky to be so tragically uncommon.
Well, there are my five facts! Time to do some tagging. I hereby tag Zachary Moore of Goosing the Antithesis, Francois Tremblay of Check Your Premises, Olly of 10,000 Reasons to Doubt the Fish, Sean Prophet of Black Sun Journal. And Beep Beep of Beep! Beep! It's Me.